You know, I realized that I was writing so much about these dope producers I kept forgetting to hit you off with this gem I found on my hard drive. I don't really recall where I got it, probably some message board the I frequent, but it's pretty complete and is what the title says it is. I was cleaning up folders way back when I found it, and it's been in rotation since.
Premier was behind some of the biggest and most critically acclaimed collaborations in hip hop history. He was a major contributor to the rise of and vitality of the Golden Age of hip hop. From Biggie, to Nas, to KRS-One, Gangstarr, Inspectah Deck, D&D All Stars, Crooklyn Dodgers and countless other great emcees; Premier left his signature in every single corner of the hip hop canvas. If his beats were akin to bombing up a spot, he has fame all over the world and nobody can cross him out. He, like many other producers, made up the soundtrack to my childhood.
Nonetheless, here you have it. If you want to read more about Premier, check Wikipedia.
What can I really say about Premier? He's a legend.
The music speaks for itself.
The Best of DJ Premier
[mp3, 73.1mb, 1:19:53]
I don't have a tracklist handy, but I'll see if I can sort one out a little later. Most of these are classics and a Preemo-head would know them.
About the image, it's on a t-shirt that was available at UGHH, but has since been sold out. Sorry y'all.
Also, read up on Premier's independent label Year Round Records for some dope new material.
-Above The Clouds, Where The Sounds Are Original...
Search
Home » production » The Best of DJ Premier
The Best of DJ Premier
Posted by admin on Friday, September 7, 2007
Labels:
downloads,
education,
hip hop,
mixes,
music to scope out,
nostalgia,
production
Powered by Blogger.
{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }
Post a Comment