I don't know what the appropriate send off is here...
Initially it was Later days maricon!
Now it's more good riddance to bad rubbish...
... ultimately, and what's next?
With the news already traversing the globe and other countries calling for democracy on the island, focus turns to what exactly this means for the future of Cuba and its people. The dictator's announcement of the end of his 49 year oppressive reign signifies hope for many, while others take a more pessimistic view. The National Assembly will meet on Sunday to elect the Council of State and a new President.
This could either:
a) Mean a new movement towards democracy, freedom, and human rights that would evolve over the next decade.
or
b) The installation of a similar regime that would maintain and further Castro's ideals.
One comment I heard on the radio this morning, albeit far in the future, made a lot of sense. Paraphrased, it asserted that the youth who grew up under this oppressive reign could be empowered enough to overturn it as the guard changes over time.
I like how that sounds, but we'll see what happens.
Miami is just waking up, I'm curious to the reaction.
I'm putting my money on mixed.
That being said, I sit on the hopeful/positive side, though I know the change with be gradual.
But you know... the question still begs to be asked...
Is he even still alive?
Marinate on that.
Search
Home » social » Castro Steps Down
Castro Steps Down
Posted by admin on Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Labels:
afro cuban,
social
Powered by Blogger.
{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }
Post a Comment